Melisa Sozen is a Turkish actress, born on 6 July, 1985 in Istanbul, Turkey. She is well known for her role in “Winter Sleep” (2014), “Hunting Season” (2010), “Cenneti Beklerken” (2006) and “Bicak Sirti” (2007 – 2008). She is also an awarded theatre actress.
Name : Melisa Sozen
Full Name : Ayse Melisa Sozen
Born : 6 July, 1985
Birth Place : Istanbul, Turkey
Height : 5′ 7″ (1.69 m)
Horoscope : Cancer
Occupation : Actress
Years Active : 1997 – Present
Nationality : Turkish
Spouse : Alican Yucesoy (m. 2013 – 2014)
Education and Career:
Melisa Sozen did her schooling at Ata College and Alev Baymur Ballet School. At the age of 14, she appeared on the musical “The Seven Horsemen with Horses” in 1999, where she met Nilgun Belgun and Levent Ozdilek and acted in the first television series “Women’s Club”. At the same time, she completed her graduation from the Pera Fine Arts College in the Department of Theatre.
Melisa Sozen started her acting career with the television movie “Kocek” in 2000. She made her film debut with the film “Bana Sans Dile” directed by Cagan Irmak in 2001. Later, she played the role of Feriha in “Cemberimde Gul Oya” TV series in 2004, directed by Cagan Irmak, which was widely known series. She made a presentation at the 16th Ankara Film Festival, held in March 2005, where Melisa met director Dervis Zaim, who chose her to play in his next film “Waiting for Heaven”.
Since then, Melisa Sozen has acted in many films, including Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s “Kis Uykusu” (2014), Dervis Zaim’s “Cenneti Beklerken” (2006), Yavuz Turgul’s “Av Mevsimi” (2010) and Selim Demirdelen’s “Bicak Sirti” (2007).
Melisa Sozen has appeared in many television series, including “Muhtesem Yuzyil”. She also appeared in the NTV presented a television program titled “Woman Saving the World”, which was based on awareness of the environment in 2008.
- Bes Kardes (TV Series) (2015)
- Bir Varmis Bir Yokmus (2015)
- Anali Ogullu (TV Series) (2014)
- Winter Sleep (2014)
- Subat (TV Series) (2012 – 2013)
- Pazarlari Hic Sevmem (2012)
- Hunting Season (2010)
- Güneydogudan Oykuler – Once Vatan (TV Series) (2010)
- Bir Bulut Olsam (TV Series) (2009)
- Bicak Sirti (TV Series) (2007 – 2008)
- Azap yolu (TV Series) (2006)
- Kabuslar Evi-Seni Beklerken (2006)
- Cenneti Beklerken (2006)
- Crash (2005)
- In the Jail Now (2005)
- Cemberimde Gul Oya (TV Series) (2004)
- Okul (2004)
- Buyumus De Kuculmus (TV Series) (2003)
- Sih Senem (TV Series) (2003)
- Sarkilar Seni Soyler (TV Mini Series) (2003)
- Icerideki (2002)
- Bana Sans Dile (2001)
- Yeni Hayat (TV Series) (2001)
- Ask Guzel Seydir (TV Movie) (2000)
- Kocek (TV Movie) (2000)
- İsmail Dumbululu Awards for the Best Female TV Player, “Knife Ridge” in 2008
- Yesilcam Awards for the Best Supporting Actress, “Hunting Season” in 2010
- TEB Awards for the Best Actress of the Year in 2015
Melisa Sozen has a brother named Baris. She is married to theater player Alican Yucesoy in 2013. After five months of their marriage, Melisa decided to divorce. She currently lives and works in Istanbul.
You May Also Read