Shalmali Kholgade is an Indian playback singer, who is predominantly singing in Hindi languages films. In addition to singing in Bollywood films, she also sings in south Indian, Marathi and Bengali films.
Born : 2 January 1990
Nickname : Not Known
Birthplace : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Height : in centimeters- 163 cm
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
Weight : in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
Religion : Hindu
Marital Status : Unmarried
Nationality : Indian
Debut : Pareshaan (Ishaqzaade, 2012)
Awards : Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards, Stardust Awards.
Shalmali Kholgade started to learnd music from the age of 8 under the tutelage of her mother, Uma Kholgade – an Indian classical singer. She started performing on stage from the age of 16. She made her playback singing debut in 2012 singing the song “Pareshaan” from Ishaqzaade. The song became widely popular and was in the top charts. Her performance was critically acclaimed winning her several awards including Filmfare awards, stardust awards for Best Female Playback Singer and Zee Cine Awards for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Award for Fresh Singing Talent. Her others songs of the year Daaru Desi from Cocktail and Aga Bai from Aiyyaa were also critically acclaimed. She then started to release several commercial hit and top charted songs like “Lat Lag Gayee” from Race 2, title track “Shuddh Desi Romance” and “Balam Pichkari” from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. The latter one was widely popular earning Shalmali Kholgade critical appreciation with several nominations including Filmfare Awards, screen awards for Best Female Playback Singer. Her popular songs are including “Besharmi Ki Height” and “Shanivar Raati” for Main Tera Hero, “D Se Dance” for Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and ” Shayarana” for Daawat-E-Ishq. Shalmali Kholgade has a number of regional popular tracks such as “Raja Raja” for the Tamil film Naan Rajavaga Pogiren, “Preminchaa” for the Telugu film Toofan “Kala Koi Geli” for the Bengali film Proloy.
- “Pareshaan” — Ishaqzaade (2012)
- “Aga Bai” — Aiyyaa (2012)
- “Daru Desi” — Cocktail (2012)
- “Balam Pichkari” — Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
- “Raja Raja” — Naan Rajavaga Pogiren (2013)
- “Shuddh Desi Romance” — Shuddh Desi Romance (2013)
- “Lat Lag Gayee” — Race 2 (2013)
- “Chingam Chabake” — Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (2013)
- “Shanivaar Raati” and “Besharmi Ki Height” — Main Tera Hero (2014)
- “D Se Dance” — Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014)
- “Shayarana” — Daawat-e-Ishq (2014)
- “Shakira” — Welcome 2 Karachi (2015)
- “Baby Ko Bass Pasand Hai” — Sultan (2016)
Early and personal life:
Shalmali Kholgade was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India to a singer mother Uma Kholgade. She had sung professionally in Mumbai for seven years before making her debut in Bollywood.
You May Also Read