Mohamed Al-Fayed is an Egyptian business magnate and film & television actor, born on 27 January, 1929. His businesses include the ownership of Hotel Ritz Paris and formerly Harrods Department Store, Knightsbridge.
Name : Mohamed Al-Fayed
Born : 27 January, 1929
Birth Place : El-Gomorok, Alexandria
Horoscope : Aquarius
Nationality : Egyptian
Religion : Islam
Residence : Geneva, Switzerland
Parents : Ali Ali Al-Fayed
Spouse : Samira Khashoggi (m. 1954–1956), Heini Wathen
Mohammed Al-Fayed was interested in business from his young age. He sold home-made lemonade in his school days and eventually tried for some other jobs.
His brother-in-law Adnan Khashoggi was an international businessman, who employed Fayed in his business in Saudi Arabia in 1954 and this chance gave him the exposure to the global business scenario. Then Fayed collaborated with his brothers for forming a shipping company in Egypt. A few years later, he moved the company to Italy and set up an additional office in London.
Fayed built a good relationship with several prominent businessmen from all over the world like Francois Duvalier, the President of Haiti and geologist George de Mohrenschild during the 1960s. He also met Sheikh Rashid al Makhtoum, the ruler of Dubai who believed that Fayed could help him in transforming Dubai and he entrusted him with the responsibility and introduced several British companies to the Emirates for carrying the required construction works for the development of the country.
During the 1970s, he focused on acquiring several businesses like the “Ritz Hotel” in Paris in 1979 for US $30 million. The image of the hotel was on a gradual decline when he purchased it. Then he restored it to its past glory within a few years and now it is considered as one of “The Leading Hotels of the World”.
Awards and Achievements:
Mohammed Al-Fayed was awarded with the “Freedom of the Highlands” award in 2002 by the Highlands of Scotland tourist board for his outstanding contribution and commitment to the highlands.
- Peter Pan (Executive producer) (2003)
- Celebrity Big Brother (2011)
- Unlawful Killing (Documentary) (2011)
- Breakfast (2011)
- Blood on Your Hands (2009)
- My Friend Michael Jackson: Uri’s Story (2009)
- The Xtra Factor (2008)
- Quantum of Solace: Royal World Premiere Special (2008)
- Diana: Last Days of a Princess (Documentary) (2007)
- Tycoon (2007)
- BBC One O’Clock News (2007)
- BBC Six O’Clock News (2007)
- ITV Lunchtime News (2007)
- Howard Stern on Demand (2007)
- The Hour (2007)
- Las Mananas de Cuatro (2007)
- Match of the Day 2 (2006)
- Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model (2005)
- You’re Fayed (Documentary) (2005)
- The Apprentice (2005)
- Tabloid Tales (Documentary) (2004)
- Dream Team (2003)
- Football: Against the Wall (Documentary) (2002)
- You Only Live Once (2000)
- Tout le Monde en Parle (2000)
- Da Ali G Show (2000)
- The River (Documentary) (1999)
- Extra Rosa (1998)
- Diana: The Nation’s Farewell (TV Movie) (1997)
- The Face of Tutankhamun (Documentary) (1992)
Mohammed Al-Fayed married Samira Khashoggi in 1954, who is the sister of a successful international businessman Adnan Khashoggi. But the marriage lasted for only two years and they have a son named Dodi Fayed. Then he married the former model Heini Wathen in 1985 and they have four children.
You May Also Read
|Kanchana Biography | Age, Height, Movies|
|Nagwa Fouad Career & Biography | Age, Height, Movie, More|
|Naguib El Rihani Career & Biography | Age, Height, Movie, More|