Keerthi Chawla is an Indian film actress, born on 9 December, 1981 in Andhra Pradesh, India. She predominantly appears in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu language films. She is well known for her work in the film “Aadi” (2002), “Naan Avanillai” (2007), “Kaasi” (2004), “Aalwar” (2007) and “Saadhyam” (2010).
Name : Keerthi Chawla
Born : 9 December, 1981
Birth Place : Andhra Pradesh, India
Height : 5’ 3” (1.60 m)
Weight : 53 Kg
Horoscope : Sagittarius
Occupation : Actress
Years Active : 2002 – Present
Nationality : Indian
Religion : Hinduism
Hobbies : Reading books, Watching TV
Keerthi Chawla was born in a Panjabi family. She completed her studies and also learnt every form of dance to enter into the glamour world related to the production of Tamil and Telegu films. She speaks fluently in English, Tamil, Telegu and Hindi language.
Keerthi Chawla started her debut in film acting with a Hindi film “Ghulam-E-Mustafa” in 1997, where she played the role as Vidya along with Nana Patekar and Raveena Tandon. Later, she tried her luck in the South Indian Films, and she got a big break in a Telegu film “Aadi” directed by debut director V.V. Vynayak in 2002, which marked as her debut in Telegu film. In this film she appeared in the lead role along with actor Jr. NTR. The film was hit at the box office and was remade in Tamil under the title “Jai”. It was followed by her next Tamil film “Aalwar” in 2007 along with actor Ajith Kumar and actress Asin. In the same year, Keerthi appeared in an another Tamil film “Naan Avanillai” opposite actor Jeevan where she played the role of Rani Das and the film was a blockbuster hit. She also paired with actor J.D. Chakravarthy in the Telegu film “Kaasi” in 2004, Actor Arjun in the Tamil film “Aanai” in 2005.
Keerthi made her appearance in the Kannada Film Industry with “Bidalaari” in 2004, “Datthah” in 2006 and “Nee Tata Naa Birla” in 2008. Later, she appeared in several Tamil productions such as “Mahesh, Saranya Matrum Palar” (2008), “Suryaa” (2008), “Kasi Kuppam” (2012), “Thirumathi Tamizh” (2013) and “Ilamai Oonjal” (2016). Some of her films got delayed or shelved. She also played the female leading role in the Tamil period drama “Uliyin Osai” which was written by Karunanidhi and released in 2008.
Now, Keerthi Chawla is one of the favorite actress of the most of the people of the South India due to her stunning and beautiful look.
- Ilamai Oonjal (Tamil) (2016)
- Thirumathi Tamizh (Charumathi) (Tamil) (2013)
- Mudhal Idam (Special Appearance) (Tamil) (2011)
- Makkan (Azhugu nachiyar) (2011)
- Broker (Vadani) (Telegu) (2010)
- Saadhyam (Anita) (Telegu) (2010)
- Aalwar (Madhu) (Tamil) (2007)
- Naan Avanillai (Rani Das (as Keerti Chawla) (Tamil) (2007)
- Iddaru Attala Muddula Alludu (Keerti Chawla) (Telegu) (2006)
- Sravana Masam (Telegu) (2005)
- Aanai (Sandhya) (Tamil) (2005)
- Kaasi (Anjali) (Telegu) (2004)
- Aatma Aur Parmatma (2004)
- Bidalaare (Gowri) (Kannada) (2004)
- Ottu Ee Ammayevaro Teleedu (Keerti Chawla) (2003)
- Aadi (Nandu Reddy) (Telegu) (2002)
- Ghulam-E-Mustafa (Vidya) (Hindi) (1997)
You May Also Read